Since it's starting up again, I thought I'd share my thoughts. Here are some of the pros and cons I see. Unfortunately, you will see that the cons far outweigh the pros. :( Leave a comment and let me know your thoughts.
- Has opened they eyes of many people to the fact the couponing really can help save you lots of money.
- Has motivated me and others to keep up on the couponing.
- It is entertaining to watch others saving money. :)
- It makes your average couponer like me look like a crazy person. :) (I guess I can be at times.)
- They don't tell you that the only products these people are getting are the freebie deals.
- They don't explain that most stores have a limit on the number of coupons doubled or used. Those policies are being waved for the entertainment of this show.
- It is not realistic to the everyday family's grocery trip. Most families will be buying produce and other items needed for the week. You can still dramatically cut your grocery budget with coupons, but it isn't realistic to think you will only spend $6 or less every trip.
- The show seems to mock the idea of stockpiling. Now, I agree it's crazy to have so much stuff in your home that you can't use your bedrooms, etc. anymore. I do, however, strongly encourage stockpiling products.....which is simply buying items on a great sale and buying enough to last you till the next great sale. (i.e. 8-12 weeks) Without stockpiling, you will eventually need to pay regular price for the items you need.
- They don't show how many couponers donate items often to local charities/friends/family. This is a HUGE plus to me in having a stockpile. It's a great way to be able to help others.
- Many couponers on this show clear out the shelves and there is nothing left for other shoppers.
- There has been some controversy as to whether some of the couponers on this show are using coupons correctly. It is so important to use coupons exactly as the manufacturer intended. If you don't, the store may not get their money back and they may begin changing their coupon policies. This has been happening in some stores as a result of this show.
I'm not denying that this show can be entertaining. I would just suggest that you realize what the realities are. Please use your coupons correctly and leave some product on the shelves for the rest of us. :)
I would LOVE to hear your thoughts on this too! Please leave me a comment below.